Pamela Genise, Member & Supervising Attorney
Pamela is a Member of the Murthy Law Firm and a Supervising Attorney for the Green Card department at the Murthy Law firm, and serves on the firm's Ethics and Best Practices committee. Her practice primarily consists of representing employers and employees in permanent immigration cases and she regularly advises clients on the immigration impact of corporate changes as well as strategies for establishing permanent immigration policies and practices. Pamela is experienced in successfully representing employers before the Department of Labor, the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and the Administrative Appeals Office.
Prior to joining the Murthy Law Firm in 2007, Pamela worked for several years at a firm in Washington D.C. where she handled a variety of immigration matters including nonimmigrant work visas, employment-based cases (extraordinary ability, national interest waiver, multinational executive/manager transfers, and labor certifications), family based cases, adjustment of status, naturalization, and removal hearings. In addition to her work with the Murthy Law Firm, Pamela also serves as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Baltimore Law School teaching Business Immigration Law.
- Represented one of the largest insurance companies in the U.S. for the sponsorship of employees in green card applications, and counseled on general immigration issues, practices and procedures.
Education & Admissions
- Juris Doctorate, The George Washington University Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, Mount Holyoke College
- Admitted to: Virginia State Bar
- Leading Women Award, The Daily Record 2012
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Prevailing Wage Issues, AILA 2013 PERM Conference (19.Aug.2013)
- Mending our Fractured System: U.S. Immigration Policy Reform, University of Baltimore, April 2009
- PERM for Experts: ETA 9089 Denials, ILW.Com Seminar (11.Mar.2009)
- PERM and I-140 Petitions, 2010 AILA DC Chapter Annual CLE Conference (05.Nov.2010)
- Current Issues with the B-1 Business Visa, AILA Audio Seminar (18.Oct.2011)
- Tired of Only Being Temporary? How to Become an LPR When There is an Employer, 2011 AILA DC Chapter Annual CLE Conference (04.Nov.2011)
- Immigration Seminar, Nepalese Summerfest (27.May.2012)
- Kellogg Language in PERM Cases, AILA Audio Seminar (01.Nov.2012)
- In it for the Long Haul: Options for Permanent Status, 2012 AILA DC Chapter Annual CLE Conference (14.Nov.2012)
MurthyBlog: Extended Profile - Pam Genise, Attorney