Pamela Genise, Attorney
Pamela is an Assistant Managing Attorney (AMA) and a Member of the Murthy Law Firm. Pamela is establishing the firm's presence on the west coast through a satellite office in the Seattle, WA metro area. In her role as AMA, Pamela focuses on the firm's external relationships with clients, as well as general business development, and serves on the firm's hiring and legal agreements committees.
Pamela's practice primarily consists of representing employers and employees in permanent immigration cases and she regularly advises clients on the immigration impact of corporate changes as well as strategies for establishing permanent immigration policies and practices. Pamela is experienced in successfully representing employers before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Administrative Appeals Office.
Prior to joining the Murthy Law Firm in 2007, Pamela worked for several years at a firm in Washington D.C., where she handled a variety of immigration matters including nonimmigrant work visas, employment-based cases (extraordinary ability, national interest waiver, multinational executive / manager transfers, and labor certifications), family-based cases, adjustment of status, naturalization, and removal hearings. In addition to her work with the Murthy Law Firm, Pamela previously served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Baltimore Law School teaching Business Immigration Law.
- Represented one of the largest insurance companies in the U.S. for the sponsorship of employees in green card applications, and counseled on general immigration issues, practices, and procedures.
Education & Admissions
- Juris Doctorate, The George Washington University Law School
- Bachelor of Arts, Mount Holyoke College
- Admitted to: Virginia State Bar and Washington State Bar
- Leading Women Award, The Daily Record 2012
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- PERM for Experts: Prevailing Wage Best Practices, ILW.com Seminar (17.Dec.2015)
- PERM: Charlotte’s Web, 2015 AILA DC Chapter Fall Conference (06.Nov. 2015)
- Getting to EB2 Without an Advanced Degree, AILA DC New Member Division Webinar (13.Dec.2013)
- Prevailing Wage Issues, AILA 2013 PERM Conference (19.Aug.2013)
- In it for the Long Haul: Options for Permanent Status, 2012 AILA DC Chapter Fall Conference (14.Nov.2012)
- Kellogg Language in PERM Cases, AILA Audio Seminar (01.Nov.2012)
- Immigration Seminar, Nepalese Summerfest (27.May.2012)
- Tired of Only Being Temporary? How to Become an LPR When There is an Employer, 2011 AILA DC Chapter Fall Conference (04.Nov.2011)
- Current Issues with the B-1 Business Visa, AILA Audio Seminar (18.Oct.2011)
- PERM and I-140 Petitions, 2010 AILA DC Chapter Fall Conference (05.Nov.2010)
- Mending our Fractured System: U.S. Immigration Policy Reform, University of Baltimore, (16.Apr.2009)
- PERM for Experts: ETA 9089 Denials, ILW.Com Seminar (11.Mar.2009)
MurthyBlog: Extended Profile - Pam Genise, Attorney