Ivona has worked in the immigration law field since 2016, when she first joined the Murthy Law Firm as a paralegal in the H1B / Nonimmigrant Department. Having served in that capacity for almost five years, she became intimately familiar with a range of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa cases, including L-1, EB1, E-2, and EB5. This experience is what formed the foundation for the rest of her career, as she absolutely loved the work, and realized that this is what she was meant to do. While continuing to work at the firm, she went on to graduate from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 2021.
As an attorney, Ivona represents companies and individuals before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) on a wide range of employment-based and family-based immigrant petitions and applications, including PERM labor certifications, immigrant petitions (I-140s), applications to adjust status (I-485s), and naturalization. She writes articles for MurthyDotCom on a regular basis.
Education and Admissions
- Master of Laws, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Bachelor of Laws, American University in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bachelor of Legal Studies, State University of New York
- Admitted to the State Bar of Maryland
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member of the Maryland State Bar Association
- Croatian (Native proficiency)