JoAnna has worked in the immigration law field since 2010, when she first joined the Murthy Law Firm as a paralegal in the H1B / Nonimmigrant Department. JoAnna went on to graduate from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 2015, receiving the Patricia Burgess Public Law Prize for outstanding academic performance in the field of public law. As a lawyer, she has advised employers and foreign nationals on complex immigration matters.
JoAnna represents individuals before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Department of State (DOS), U.S. Customs Border and Protection (CBP) and other government agencies pertaining to both immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applications and petitions. In addition, JoAnna performs public access file (PAF) compliance audits and has assisted with DOL and FDNS investigations. JoAnna also regularly writes articles for MurthyDotCom on a variety of emerging immigration topics.
Prior to her return as a lawyer to the Murthy Law Firm in 2017, JoAnna practiced immigration law at a small firm in Cleveland, OH. She also has experience designing immigration application software.
Education & Admissions
- Juris Doctor (cum laude), Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, American Studies (magna cum laude), University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Admitted to the State Bar of Maryland
Memberships & Professional Accomplishments
- Member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Named one of The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (2021 Edition)