F-1 Visa & Status
The F-1 visa classification is allocated to academic students entering the United States temporarily for the purpose of pursuing a full course of study at an accredited school or university that is approved by the Attorney General.
- Ability to demonstrate status as a bona fide student with nonimmigrant intent and strong ties to the home country
- Ability and credentials to qualify for the intended full course of study in a SEVP certified institution
- Acceptance to study at an established college, university, or other academic institution or in a language training program in the United States approved by the Attorney General
- Proficiency in the English language and evidence of sufficient funds to attend the university or college to which s/he has been admitted to study and live in the United States for the duration of the program
How We Can Help You
- The Murthy Law Firm provides assistance in devising a strategy and course of action to increase ones chance of obtaining the F-1/F-2 visa at the consular post abroad, especially after a previous visa denial.
- Murthy Law Firm attorneys provide advice on F-1 status maintenance, employment issues such as CPT, OPT, STEM extensions, automatic F-1 status and employment extension based on the cap gap rule, and other matters related to the F-1.
- Murthy Law Firm attorneys provide assistance with regard to changing between F-1 primary and F-2 dependent statuses.