… she would like to take classes in a graduate program at my school. Is she allowed to enroll in an academic program of study?


Effective May 29, 2015, F-1 and M-1 student dependent family members in F-2 and M-2 statuses are eligible to enroll in any course of study leading to a degree or certificate at any SEVP-certified school as long as they engage in less than full-time study. This rule does not change the prohibition against M-2 and F-2 dependents engaging in employment in the U.S. (01.May.2015)

Questions frequently reach us from students on a variety of matters. This is a sample question, answered by an attorney in our firm. More information can be found in the student section of MurthyDotCom.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved