09 Jan 2017

I am on OPT and will be filing for H1B this year. If the case is approved, will I need to go for stamping? If not, can my dependent still go for stamping, since she is outside the U.S.?

Answer In general, a visa "stamp" is only required for purposes of reentering the U.S. after foreign travel. Otherwise, one can change status within the U.S. One's dependent typically should be able to receive an H-4 "stamp" in this scenario. (09.Jan.2017)In frequent sessions of our Chat,...

09 Jan 2017

I am on H1B and I have an approved I-140 on EB2. If I move outside the U.S. for a couple of years, can my GC case continue? Does it matter if my H1B expires during that time?

Answer The I-140 and H1B are completely separate. One's I-140 will remain valid in this situation, and can be used to obtain permanent residence when the priority date becomes current, assuming the job is still available. (09.Jan.2017)In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other...

live chat software