Best Practices: H1B & I-9 Compliance & Investigations20 Apr 2014
On May 21, 2014, Sheela Murthy and a panel of senior attorneys from the Murthy Law Firm will be hosting a premium teleconference, Best Practices: H1B & I-9 Compliance & Investigations. This 90-minute teleconference (60-minute discussion, followed by a 30-minute question-and-answer session) will provide a blueprint to help you protect your company from civil and criminal penalties. If your organization employs foreign national workers, this teleconference will provide practical information that you need to protect your company!
I-9 and H1B files are increasingly becoming the target of investigations from a variety of federal agencies, and employers need to know how to stay ahead of this disturbing new trend. Ms. Murthy and her team of attorneys will cover a number of key topics, including:
1. What is the Fraud Detection and National Security Directorate (FDNS), and what are their agents looking for?
• Did you know that many employers chosen by the FDNS for site visits are selected at random; this means that even if an H1B employer has done nothing to raise suspicion, there is still a real possibility of being investigated by the FDNS.
2. DOL investigations: How are they triggered, and how can a company avoid some of the common pitfalls?
• Did you know that DOL Investigators, while not given criminal enforcement powers, can share the information they collect with the FBI, IRS, and other agencies who do have criminal enforcement authority?
3. Making the LCA and H1B Petition right from the start.
• Did you know FDNS investigators will usually show up at the address listed on the most recent petition; if only a new LCA is filed for a change of work location for an employee, the FDNS officer typically will report to the address on the petition, which can lead to serious problems for the employer.
4. Steps every employer should take to prepare for an investigation.
• Did you know that federal agencies review information posted on social and professional networking sites (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn) and look for indicators of fraud, such as discrepancies between the information provided on a LinkedIn resume and the information provided in a petition?
We look forward to a lively and valuable session, and hope you will join us for this special Murthy Law Firm event! Please provide the information requested at the bottom of this page to register.
REGISTRATION: (Discounts for early registration)
Registration fee for existing corporate clients of the Murthy Law Firm:
$99 for those who register by 16.May.2014
(thereafter, the registration fee for MLF clients is $249)
Registration fee for all other employers, HR managers, and other designated company representatives:
$199 for those who register by 16.May.2014
(thereafter, the registration fee per person is $499)
- When making payment for this teleconference, if you are not an existing client, or if you are not sure what your Client Number is, please input 1234 as your “Client Number”.
- Note: If you register at the discounted rate for existing corporate clients, but do not provide your Client Number, after registering, a representative from our Client Services Department will contact you by phone or eMail to help you locate your Client Number and update your registration information.
- When making payment for this teleconference, please input BPT as your “LRA or Invoice Number”.
- Details for accessing the teleconference will be eMailed a day or two prior to the conference.
- Cancellation requests made by Monday, May 19, 2014 at 5:00pm EST will be granted a 100% refund, minus a $25 administrative fee. No refunds will be offered for requests made after May 19.
- If your company is not yet a client of the Murthy Law Firm, contact Kathy Rush firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will be happy to speak with you about the services we offer and the SPECIAL CORPORATE RATES available.
Please provide your information here to register for the Best Practices: H1B & I-9 Compliance & Investigations premium teleconference:[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]