The NIW category involves members of the professions who hold advanced degrees or persons of exceptional ability. Although this category (EB2) normally requires an employer and a labor certification, the Attorney General may waive this requirement if the work by the applicant is in the national interest.
- Evidence of the benefits that the proposed employment will be national in scope.
- Evidence of employment in an area of substantial intrinsic merit and important to the national interests of the United States.
- Evidence demonstrating that the significant benefit derived from the applicant’s participation in the national interest field of endeavor considerably outweighs the inherent national interest in protecting U.S. workers through the labor certification process.
How We Can Help You
- The Murthy Law Firm offers assistance and advice in determining the applicant’s eligibility.
- Murthy Law Firm attorneys assist with preparing documents, including a very detailed summary and analysis based upon law and facts, and submit the petition to the USCIS.
For NIW (EB2) news, information, complexities, and options, as well as Murthy Law Firm success stories in such cases, see the Employment-Based, Permanent Resident page. You may also search the site for a particular topic, and narrow your search by category.