The EB2 national interest waiver (NIW) category involves members of the professions who hold advanced degrees or persons of exceptional ability. There is also a special NIW option for physicians, which is discussed on the MurthyDotCom Physicians page. Although the EB2 category normally requires an employer and a labor certification, the Attorney General may waive this requirement if the work by the applicant is in the national interest.
- Evidence the foreign national’s proposed endeavor has both substantial merit and national importance
- Evidence the foreign national is well positioned to advance the proposed endeavor
- Evidence that, on balance, it would be beneficial to the United States to waive the requirements of a job offer and thus of a labor certification
How We Can Help You
- The Murthy Law Firm offers assistance and advice in determining the applicant’s eligibility.
- Murthy Law Firm attorneys assist with preparing documents, including a very detailed summary and analysis based upon law and facts, and submit the petition to the USCIS.
For NIW (EB2) news, information, complexities, and options, as well as Murthy Law Firm success stories in such cases, see the Employment-Based, Permanent Resident page. You may also search the site for a particular topic, and narrow your search by category.