The L1B intracompany transferee classification applies to qualified specialized knowledge employees. Such individuals may be transferred from their foreign employer to work for up to five years in the U.S. for an appropriately affiliated U.S. company. This category is not subject to an annual limit or prevailing wage requirements.
- Must demonstrate employment by an affiliated foreign company for at least one continuous year within the three years prior to coming to the United States
- Must have specialized knowledge of the company’s products, services, research, techniques, management, or other interest, and its application in international markets
- Must be a specialized knowledge professional, if using a blanket L-1 petition
What We Can Do for You
- The Murthy Law Firm represents employers in the preparation and filing of individual and blanket L-1 petitions.
- Our attorneys consult with companies regarding L1B options for transfer of appropriate employees to the United States.
- We provide representation and assistance in connection with L1B visa applications at U.S. consulates.
- Our attorneys guide employers and employees regarding the L1B option, and the requirements of the employer and employee for compliance with the terms of the L-1 category.