My PERM Date is Aug 14 2013, H1 expires in Feb 12,2014, what are all my options to stay back in USA.


In such situations, we first check to see if there is any option to recapture time spent abroad. H1s can get back all time spent outside of the U.S. and add it back in to their six year period. If that has been done already, or there isn’t much time to recapture, the best thing would be for the PERM to somehow get approved quickly so the I-140 can be filed. However, that is not likely in the time remaining. Thus, we look to options through spouses or options to work abroad and then return. Once the PERM is approved the I-140 can be filed PP to allow for another 3 years. There is also a possibility of getting a one year extension once the PERM is a year old. (30.Dec.2013)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Copyright © 2013, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.