My H1B visa stamp has Company A mentioned. If I change to Company B, do I need to go for restamping?


If the visa foil (or “stamp”) for Company A has not expired, you can use that still-valid stamp in concert with the I-797 approval notice from Company B in order to reenter the United States in H1B status. A new H1B visa stamp should not be required in that case. Please make sure to present the H1B approval notice to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at the port of entry, as the petition expiration date listed on the visa may differ from the date indicated on the most recent I-797 approval notice. (27.Jan.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here. Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.