I have an approved I-140. I was born in India and my spouse was born in UAE (Dubai). Is it true that I can file under cross-chargeability?


If your spouse was born in UAE, you can be cross-charged to that country instead of India. In other words, your pending green card case can be counted under your spouse’s country of birth rather than your own. (03.Feb.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here. Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.