I was working in H1B status for Company A. Company B then filed a petition on my behalf and I started to work for them. I would now like to return to Company A. In order to return to that employer, does Company A need to file a new petition for me?


If Company A has not withdrawn the H1B petition that it filed on your behalf, and you have been maintaining valid H1B status, you should be able to return to that previous employer based on the still-valid petition. (10.Feb.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here. Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.