Can an employee pay for the green card processing expenses?


The U.S. Department of Labor requires that the employer pay for the PERM labor certification and related expenses. So, the employer must be paid for this part of the case. The USCIS does not have the same view, so the expenses of the I-140 and I-485 (legal fees, filing fees, costs) can be paid for by the individual or the employer or be shared, as they wish. (24.Mar.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.