I have an EAD and H1B status. What is the process to transfer my H1B to my new employer, so that I can keep my EAD, as well?


The EAD is based on the pending I-485. It stays valid even if there is a job change using an H1B. What is important is to keep the entire GC case on solid footing. Normally, a job change indicates use of AC21 GC portability. We work on many such cases at the Murthy Law Firm – we suggest notifying the USCIS of the use of AC21 and making sure there is still a lawyer taking care of the case. (24.Mar.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.