How to decide whether to join new employer on EAD or H-1 transfer?


This is a good topic for a consultation with one of the Murthy attorneys. We discuss this with people all the time. It is a matter, primarily, of risks. There are some situations in which a person must keep the H1, if their family members have no other way to stay in the US other than H4 or if the person plans to get married abroad etc. Otherwise, it depends upon whether there are any specifically identified potential problems in the GC case and whether the new employer will even do an H1. It is always safer to keep the H1, but it is not always possible to do so when changing jobs. (07.Apr.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.