Can an online degree be used for filing an H1B under the master’s cap?


In order to qualify for the advanced-degree, or “master’s” cap the degree must be from an accredited, nonprofit university. There is no specific requirement regarding online courses. The U.S. Department of Education has information on schools and accreditation. (28.Apr.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.