Is the change of H1B from a nonprofit to a for-profit company considered a change of status, or is it a transfer?


A request to change from a cap-exempt to cap-subject H1B would be an extension of status, not a change of status. However, in order to make that transition, it is usually necessary for there to be a cap number available. (05.May.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.