I am on EAD (full time, 40hr/week job). Can I use my EAD to start a business and employ my husband (he will be using his EAD)?


The EAD provides unrestricted employment authorization. So, a person could use it to start a business and employ any other work-authorized person. Assuming the EAD is based upon an employment-based GC case, it is important to make sure there is a GC-qualifying job, so that the GC, hopefully, will be approved at some point. (02.Jun.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.