I am enrolled in a U.S. master’s program. If I transfer to different university after six months, would these six months count toward meeting the eligibility requirements for starting CPT?


It is best to discuss these issues in detail with the DSO to make sure that everything is in order with CPT. But, if this is all the same course of study, then the change in university does not change the CPT eligibility. (30.Jun.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.