My PERM was filed on 23.Sep.2013 and has gone into audit. My H1B expires in Oct 2015. Can I change jobs during this time?


It would be best to have a consultation to go over the details; but it potentially would be possible to change jobs. If there is proof of the PERM filing, the new employer could request the rest of the six years of H1B time, plus one more year (based on the pending PERM case). This should allow an extension that leaves enough time to start a new GC case, which then could be used to further extend status when needed. However, this process would have to be planned very carefully. (30.Jun.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.