I’m on H1B and moved to Employer B from Employer A two months ago. Is it possible to move back to Employer A?


Generally, when an employee leaves the company, the employer is supposed to withdraw the H1B in order to end the LCA obligations. If the employer has withdrawn the H1B petition, a new one would need to be filed in order for a prior employee to rejoin that company. However, if the H1B petition was not withdrawn and the employee has not violated status, it may be possible to return to that original employer in H1B status. (11.Aug.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.