My current status is H-4 and my H1B petition is in pending status. My husband would like to transfer to a new company. Do we have to file a new H-4 application along with his H1B transfer petition?


H-4 status is not company-specific. So, it is not necessary to file an I-539 for the H-4 every time the H1B primary changes jobs. It is just necessary to make sure that the I-539 is filed before the H-4 status / I-94 expires. (18.Aug.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.