My husband’s L-1 status will change to H1B on October 1st. When should I change my L-2 to H-4?


The L-2 status will be lost once the H1B is effective on October 1st. In order to change status, a person must be in status at the time of filing. Thus, the request to change status must be filed (received by the USCIS) before October 1st. Of course, it would be best not to wait until the last minute to file. (18.Aug.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.