Should I leave the U.S. at end of 6th year – when my Labor is in progress with my new employer? (I-140 is already approved from old employer.)


If the I-140 has been approved through the old employer and it hasn’t been revoked, the H1B could be extended on that basis with the current employer. Otherwise, if there is no way to remain in the U.S. (no recapture time, no status through a spouse, etc.) it is often necessary to leave for a while. This important decision, and the available options, should be discussed in a consultation with an attorney. (18.Aug.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.