My H1B got approved after I entered the U.S. in H-4. What is the next process to convert since my approved H1B doesn’t have an I-94?


There are two ways to get into H1B status at this point. It is necessary to travel abroad and obtain an H1B visa at the consulate (and then get the I-94 at the port of entry;) OR to have the H1B petition refiled with a request to change status. (29.Sep.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.