I applied for an H1B visa and was issued a 221(g). It has been almost 2 months and I have not received any update on my case. Can I reapply for a visa at a different consulate using the same H1B petition?


The problem will not go away by applying elsewhere. The 221(g) refusal will show in the system, and has to be mentioned on the visa application anyway. I would suggest getting some input and assistance from Murthy Immigration Services, Pvt. Ltd., our affiliate in Chennai, Hyderabad, and Mumbai, to see if there is anything that can be done to assist with this case. (13.Oct.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.