Do you have to go to your home country for H1B stamping, or can you apply at a different consulate?


It is not always necessary to go to the home country. It depends upon whether there has been a denial of the COS or EOS for being out of status (in which case, home country is required). It also may depend on factors such as whether it is a first-time application. As different consulates have different rules regarding visa applications, it is necessary to look at the websites for the various consulates for third-country national (TCN) policies. (20.Oct.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.