I want to convert from H-4 status to F-1. What are the steps I have to follow to change my status?


Assuming that there is already an acceptance into an appropriate school, it is necessary to file the I-539 to request the change of status. This must be supported by the school’s I-20 and the individual’s documentation of status and eligibility for F-1. The Murthy Law Firm routinely represents individuals in connection with such change of status cases. (20.Oct.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.