My H1B extension petition is under background check. I forgot to notify the USCIS that I moved to a new address several months ago. What should I do now?


If the AR-11 was not submitted at the time of the move, just do it now. The AR-11 is submitted online on the USCIS WebSite. While it is supposed to be submitted within 10 days of the move, many people fail to do so. It is important to fix it once you realize the mistake, and just remember to do it right the next time. (27.Oct.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.