Can a company start the green card process without first transferring my H1B?


The GC is based on a future job offer. So, a company could start that process without filing an H1B for the potential employee. It is best to have the individual shift over to the new company at some point in the GC process; but, it is not a requirement for starting the case. (03.Nov.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.