I am currently in F-1 status, but I don’t have the visa stamp. Are there any issues in transferring from F-1 to H1B without the visa in my passport?


A visa “stamp” is a travel document, only. It isn’t needed unless one travels. So, it is not an issue when seeking to change status from F-1 to H1B. (10.Nov.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.