Can I travel on my valid H1B visa while my family-based adjustment of status application (based on marriage to a U.S. citizen) is pending?


Yes, it is possible to travel in H1B status while a GC case (based on marriage or employment) is pending. Just make sure that there is someone reliable getting any notices in your GC case while you are gone, as marriage-based cases often move quickly to the fingerprinting and interview stages. (17.Nov.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.