If my H1B employer is in California, can my port of entry be in New York?


Yes, but the connecting travel should be consistent with your stated purpose for coming to the U.S. If the purpose is to work in California, then there should be a connecting flight (or other travel plans) to get from NY to California. (15.Dec.2014)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2014, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.