Can an L-2 spouse with a valid EAD start her own business?


Yes, the EAD provides unrestricted employment authorization. So, an L-2 spouse with an EAD can accept any type of job and/or start a business in the U.S. (19.Jan.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.