Can I move to a different H1B employer after extending status beyond 6 years based on a pending PERM application?


Yes, the time beyond the six years based on the pending PERM is given to any H1B filing – not just those filed by the employer who filed the PERM. But, there are some risks here to consider that would best be discussed in a consultation. (09.Feb.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.