Do I need to file a petition to request a COS from H-4 to F-1?


Changing status from H-4 to F-1 from within the U.S. requires the filing of an I-539 application. The individual files this form, not the school, but it must be supported by proper documentation, including the I-20 from the school. (09.Feb.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.