I am moving to a new employer while I am in my 5th year of H1B. What timeline does my new employer have to follow to keep my employment active after 6th year?


Ideally, an employer should file a labor certification on your behalf at least 365 days prior to the expiration of your 6 full years of H1B status in the U.S. (including all recapture time). (23.Feb.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.