Can I travel outside the U.S. while my H1B extension is pending? Or, can I file my H1B extension from India?


It is possible to file to extend the H1B petition while outside of the U.S. It is also possible to leave while the H1B EOS is pending. The real issue is what will be needed in order to return to the U.S. If the current H1B is expired, it will be necessary to obtain the new H1B approval to return. (02.Mar.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.