I am on H1B and transferred from Employer A to Employer B. I’ve only been working for Employer B for about 1 month and now wish to return to Employer A. Is this possible?


Returning to a prior employer is allowed under the concept of the dormant petition. In this example, with only a month between the transition, it is likely safer than in other situations involving much longer timeframes. This is, of course, assuming that Employer A has not withdrawn the approved petition. (16.Mar.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.