Can my wife start a business after getting her H-4 EAD? If yes, can I work for her company if I do not receive any salary?


Yes, a person with an H-4 EAD can start his/her own business. As for the H1B spouse, unauthorized work is still unauthorized work, with or without a paycheck. (30.Mar.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.