I am working in H1B status for Company A, and Company B has filed a change of employer petition for me that is currently pending. I know I can legally join company B based on the receipt notice, but how risky would that be?


The level of risk depends upon the particular H1B case. The safest option typically would be to wait with the existing employer until the change of employer petition is approved. However, if you would like to move to the new employer while the case is still pending, you should schedule a consultation with an attorney who can review the specifics in greater detail and advise you accordingly. (30.Mar.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.