Can one apply for a change of status from H-4 to H1B with an approved I-140?


Yes, it may be possible to request a change of status to H1B with an I-140 approval. However, it is still necessary to meet all the general H1B requirements – including a cap filing or cap exemption – in every situation. (13.Apr.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.