I have been in H1B status for more than six years. Can I transfer to a new employer based on a revoked I -140?


In order to be eligible for additional H1B time beyond the six years, the I-140 must stay in place (unrevoked). If the I-140 has been revoked, it may be possible to obtain an H1B approval for the amount of time remaining on the existing petition, but it is not a certainty that it will work. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss this possibility and/or what other options may be available to you. (18.May.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.