Can I start working immediately after applying (before approval) for H-4 EAD?


No, the EAD must be APPROVED in order to authorize employment. The same is actually true even when filing to extend the EAD after the initial approval. (i.e. Once the existing EAD expires, one may not work until the new EAD is issued.) (01.Jun.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.