I am on H1B and my wife is on H-4. If I go to a consulate to renew my H1B visa stamp, does my wife need to apply as well?


It is not necessary for both husband and wife to apply for the H1B/H-4 visa ‘stamping.’ If only one person needs or wants the visa stamp, the other can stay in the United States. (08.Jun.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.