I worked in H1B status for 3 months in 2010. Can I now use the remaining period of my H1B time?


It is normally possible to obtain an H1B cap-exempt approval in the situation described. The old H1B is not reactivated. An employer must file again, but the filing can be made as cap exempt, with eligibility for the unused time in the initial six-year period. (08.Jun.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.