Can one bring a spouse inside the country without going through F2A, if the couple marries after using EAD but before getting the green card?


If the marriage occurs BEFORE getting the GC, then the spouse is eligible as a derivative beneficiary in the GC case. The case would be filed as a “follow to join.” The F2A case would not be required (although in some situations, with retrogression, it is a good backup plan). (15.Jun.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.