Busting Myths: Filing I-130 from Abroad

Myth: “I can’t sponsor my family member for a green card if I live outside the U.S.”

Truth: An I-130 petition can be filed from outside the U.S., but the petitioner must establish actual or intended domicile in the U.S.

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.