Can I apply for H1B under the master’s cap if I have been working in India since I graduated a year ago?


Yes, if one qualifies for the advanced-degree cap exemption, it does not matter where s/he is located when the case is filed. It also does not matter when the degree was earned, only that the degree requirements were completed before filing the petition. (06.Jul.2015)

In frequent sessions of our Chat, Sheela Murthy and other senior attorneys provide guidance that clarifies the law in real time. For details on chat participation, click here.

Access more FAQs here.

Copyright © 2015, MURTHY LAW FIRM. All Rights Reserved

Disclaimer: The information provided here is of a general nature and may not apply to any specific or particular circumstance. It is not to be construed as legal advice nor presumed indefinitely up to date.